Monday, November 2, 2009

Methods 1 & 2



After going through Methods 1 & 2 I discovered that I was familar with some of the web services in Web 2.0. I feel that libraries can use many of these different web technologies to reach patrons and potential patrons in order to get their information and services out to the public. There are concerns of populations in the community that may be underserved and this may be an answer to these concerns. I can see these internet outlets as being great marketing tools to the public. There are some technologies that I have yet to be familar with and I am excited to learn all about them and what they can do for libraries.

This is my first blog and I was initially skeptical, but I had fun creating it and it was easy to do. The hardest part for me (and my coworkers are witnesses) was coming up with a blog address name. I like getting my thoughts and opinions out there anonomously in a sort of internet journal. I can see libraries using blogs in a professionally way to suggest books from the staff who have read them. Or featuring services/events put on by the library and giving a recap after the completion of the service/event to raise awareness to the public. My concern for creating blogs for libraries is who on staff would be able to access the blog and who would edit the content? And would we allow comments and if so, how would we filter those? I'm excited to explore this option.

No comments:

Post a Comment