Monday, November 16, 2009

Method 6 - Lights, Camera, YouTube!



I've always been a fan of Youtube. I don't even have to have an account to search and watch videos on the site. I've watched other people's hilarious home videos and whole TV shows. My husband's cousin frequently posts videos of her cute daughter, and even though we haven't met her daughter, we feel like we know her. I think libraries could use YouTube to showcase their many services to the public. We can upload a video of our Storytime we do once a week. We can broadcast a tour of the library and what we have to offer. We can do How-To skits from how to get a library card to how to request an Interlibrary Loan and the process involved. The possibilities are endless. This world is an instant gratification world that loves to get information with a click of the mouse and libraries should take advantage of this technology. Why read about the library in a newsletter or blog when you can watch it in action? The Youtube video I posted is of my favorite commercial that cracks me up every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment