Monday, November 30, 2009

Method 7 - Delicious and Nutritious



I have heard of Delicious bookmarking but never tried it out before until now. I am now a Delicious addict. I love it! It's super easy and I only have to go to one website where all my bookmarks are kept and I can use any computer to get to them. Amazing. I seriously had websites written on scaps of paper all over the place but not anymore! They are all organized with tags and now other people can find and use them. I think libraries can use Delicious in many ways. If anyone has worked in a library, they have come across the dreaded MSDS sheets for Workplace Chemicals. UGH! I am in charge of finding these MSDS sheets online and printing them out for our records once a year for any new products we get that contain chemicals. It is tedious looking for the good, dependable websites that have lists of chemical products, but with Delicious, I can bookmark all the ones I use. That way I only have to go to one place to get to them. That is just one example of many librarians can use Delicious in the workplace. After adding a bunch of websites to my Delicious page at work, I went home and thought of some more to add and did so right on my laptop. It is very convenient. I just wish I would have been using it sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment