Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Method 12 - I Graduated! Woohoo!!



Thank you, TSLAC, for giving us an opportunity to learn new Web 2.0 technologies to better assist and reach our patrons. I learned a whole sleuth of web services that I wasn't quite familar with that I am confident now in navigating through and showing patrons how to use. My favorites were Flickr, YouTube, Delicious, and Facebook. My least favs were IM, Wiki, and Podcasting, although I liked storytelling through Podcast. All in all, I feel that whether libraries use these different technologies or not, they should at least be familiar with them in order to keep up with what their patrons are using and to provide information. Libraries are the information stations of the world and, therefore, should be well informed. I really enjoyed learning about these services through the "In Plain English" tutorials because they were fast, fun, and easy. If you decide to do anymore of these Dozen Steps programs, I think you should definitly implement those tutorials. I learned the most from them. Also, I would be interested in participating in other future programs like this one. Thank you again for the learning experience! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment